Gallery

Tuesday 28 January 2014

LOTRO: Warm fur for the winter days


Now I've settled all the skills and points on my lore-master, I find myself logging her in each morning during breakfast. It strikes me as relaxing to spend some time on the five daily quests, at the same time working on completing the deeds in the area, my standing with the Survivors of Wildermore and accumulating some task items to send over to my captain.

The region is cold, though, and asks for warm winter clothing. So here's my winter fur outfit!


There are several nice and warm furry cloaks available in LotRO, however, they all cover the ears. Which is, of course, awesome for roleplay purposes, but I dislike hiding Ravanel's long hair.

It was easy to come up with the boots. I love the Ajokoira shoes, but there aren't many outfits they fit with. But then I found this Wildermore robe, with plenty of warm white fur on the shoulders.

Next on the list were some gloves, suitable to protect the hands from when making long hours on the warsteed (above), making snowmen (left) or even throwing some fire around. You're a lore-master or you are not.

We also need a headband to protect against the cold winter wind.

But enough talk, what pieces are in it already?

      Warm winter fur outfit      


The pictures include the Wildermore Survivor's Medium Gloves, save the one with the horse and sword, and the one with throwing the ball of fire, those feature the Ajokoira Gloves.

Both the Ajokoira gloves as the Wildermore Survivor's medium gloves work, but I slightly prefer the latter since... fur! As usual, follow the links to find out where and how to get each piece.


10 comments :

  1. Hehe Mrs. Santa? :D Also I thought your horse had a crown in the second pic. Then I realized it was your staff, since LotRO is the only game where you can dual wield that and a sword... because... Gandalf? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I thought the exact same things! The only difference is until your comment I thought that "crown" on top of the horse was some sort of horse accessory or something like that. I had no idea dual wielding a staff with a sword was possible in Lord of the Rings Online. Interesting detail.

      Anyway, glad to see you are finding enjoyment in LotRO again, Ravanel and beautiful pictures as always. :)

      Delete
    2. I didn't notice the 'crown', that's worth a good chuckle. So bothersome to remove weapons all the time while making screenshots (and then you're accidentally getting attacked and... argh)! Now I've been caught for my laziness red-handed. ^^

      Delete
  2. love the outfit - looks very cosy! it's been lovely to see your posts in my reader again btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel bad for having skipped another month... Thanks for your warm support though and I'll try and write a bit more. :)

      Delete
  3. You know... if you want to be an Avatar Fashion Blogger... there's a world for that! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should visit again some day, it was awesome! :D

      Delete
  4. I kind of want that outfit IRL. And I like the spotted pony. Good work and nice pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taterz, and welcome to the blog. I'm happy you like it!

      Delete
  5. Thats a very nice looking outfit .Very creative .

    ReplyDelete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.