Gallery

Sunday 6 September 2015

Six times purple


It's already that day of the month... the sixth! Surely you know what I'm talking about (if not, you can quickly read up here and pretend nothing happened); this month's issue is all about purple.

Six times purple


1) Sorcerer doing Force Storm

SWTOR: You didn't think I would skip one of the most characterizing skills of Star Wars: the Old Republic, did you? SWTOR's sorcerer class is all about lightning, whether it comes from your fingertips or from the air, and Force Storm is one of the most epic-looking ones. All lightning skills have a purplish colour about them.



2) Ziost rift

SWTOR: One of the more cryptic pictures of this post. Do you recognize this rift? Then you're probably fond of doing group content in Star Wars: The Old Republic and have wiped on the Ziost instanced worldboss on hardmode for hours. Or at least, that's when I found the time to observe that these rifts have a beautiful side besides the fact that they're damn annoying when the boss stands on top of them.



3) Heathfells

LOTRO: When I was hiking through a nature reserve in the Peak District, England, a few months ago, I was instantly reminded of the Heathfells in Lord of the Rings Online. It never ceases to amaze me how much detail has been put into LOTRO's landscapes. The heather gives this region a beautiful purplish glow.



4) Aria and Shepard

Mass Effect: Because I somehow forgot to mention my all-time favourite blue alien Liara from Mass Effect in the previous edition (how could I!) I'm making up for it by featuring another asari, Aria T'Loak. Most asari have a blue skin colour, but I would definitely label Aria as purple. I wonder why she has this colour: is it something in her food (just like flamingos only become pink if they eat algae and shrimps)? She would probably punch me in the face if I'd ask.



5) Loot

SWTOR: Probably one of the less pretty screenshots that will be featured in this series, but don't we all love seeing this purple beam? I bet you've been trying to right-click the picture!



6) Evil flower

Guild Wars 2: I love plants, but in Guild Wars they often turn out to be evil. I've been running around in the Dry Top region with Conrad lately, and the whole area is designed around eradicating invasive plants! I've found that I enjoy the 'normal' exploring activities more myself, but maybe Dry Top is perfect for idealistic carnivores... The boss fight with above flower came as a surprise to us and was pretty cool (and no, that had nothing to do with the amazing loot! /denial).



*) Bonus: Shadow Gaïende

SWTOR: I have one character that is all about purple: my shadow Gaïende. Not only does she have two double-bladed lightsabers with different tones of purple crystals in them, she also owns five purple outfits that compliment her purple eyes. It is actually not uncommon for me to associate a character with a certain colour scheme, so I'm sure more like these will pop up as the months pass by.

Do you have a character that's overly fond of purple? Let me know in the comments!

If you have your own blog, you can always chime in and post your own favourite purple photos or screenshots. You can read the original 6 on 6 introductory post on the Scruffy-Little Nerd Herder blog. And remember, if you're a day late you can always make it a 7 on 7!

"6 on 6" is a series of 6 screenshots hosted by Emma of the Scruffy-Little Nerd Herder on the 6th of each month, themed on colour: August: blue - September: purple - October: orange - November: gold - December: red - January: white - February: black - March: pink - April: silver - May: green - June: brown - July: yellow.


8 comments :

  1. Note to self: Must try out Mass Effect. (Someday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, that's one of the few games I'd fully recommend to anyone! I'm so impressed by the Mass Effect titles... the only thing that was hard for me was the actual combat gameplay: it's mostly a shooter, and I really, really don't like shooters. So I had Conrad (or the 'girlfriend mode' feature) doing the battles for me, while I did the decision-making. It's the most fun I've ever had while playing a single-player game together!

      Delete
  2. Great posts. Love how you found all these in games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! It's always really hard to select just 6 out of all of them (therefore I cheated a bit this time - oops).

      I haven't seen any other 6 on 6 posts yet... are you doing one as well today?

      Delete
  3. I love your spin on this project. :) Great shots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is a nice color, but I get really excited seeing it for loot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved the colors of the Heathfells - was such a welcome change after the dull colors from the rest of Dunland!

    ReplyDelete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.